The community of Saint Mary Magdalene is pleased to welcome children who have been baptized and are just beginning their relationship with the church.
In ECCLESIA (Greek for church), students have an opportunity to learn about and develop a relationship with Jesus Christ and to discover the beauty of the Catholic faith in a community with others who are just beginning their journey as well.
Students who successfully complete this class will prepare for and celebrate the sacrament of First Confession in the spring. They will be then be eligible to celebrate Confirmation and Communion the following year.
- ECCLESIA meets weekly on Monday evenings from 5:00-6:15 pm.
- There are some sessions during the year that both Students and parents attend.
- Parents are expected to attend adult formation session held during the ECCLESIA session.
- The parents and students of ECCLESIA sponsor the Mardi Gras Celebration held the Tuesday night before Ash Wednesday.
- This program takes the place of regular RE class.
- Registration will take place during RE registration times. There is no charge for this class. Please bring a copy of your child’s baptism certificate to registration.