The sacrament of First Confession, also called Reconciliation or Penance, is an important step for children as they begin to take responsibility for their relationship with God. Saint Mary Magdalene supports this step by providing children with the opportunity to examine the reality of sin and God’s loving mercy in their life.
Children prepare for this sacrament in a series of workshops and a retreat. Two session of preparation are held, one in the fall and one in spring.
- Students in any sacrament process must also be enrolled in RE.
- Second graders and above who have completed a full year of religious education prior to this year are eligible to apply for entry the preparation process for this sacrament.
- Students enrolling in this sacrament process are expected to know the Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be and Ten Commandments. They will memorize the Act of Contrition during the process.
- Students in grade 4 and above will prepare in the Fall session
- Students in grade 2 and 3 will be separated by formation class.
- Enrollment for the sacrament will be done at your RE registration. Please bring a copy of your child’s baptism certificate to registration.
- A materials fee will be collected at registration.