Preparing for the Sacrament of Baptism (Infant to age 6)
Please contact email@example.com for baptism information if your child is seven years of age or older.
Baptisms are held on the 2nd Sunday of each month. Baptism dates can not be scheduled until all preparation documentation is received in good order.
Step 1: Watch Pre-registration video.
Step 2: Register Child for Baptism.
At the end of the pre-registration video, click on the small "i" in the top right corner to submit the Baptism Registration form . Parents need to be registered parishioners for at least 90 days prior to baptism. Filling out a Parishioner Registration form is free and done in person at the parish office.
Step 3: Register for Baptism Preparation class.
Both parents and Godparents are required to attend. This requirement is waived if a class has been completed in the past 3 years.
Step 4: Contact Baptism Coordinator at (480) 279-6737 Ext. 212 to schedule initial meeting.
Step 5: Secure Godparent requirements.
- Godparent Affidavit form
- Baptismal Certificate with notations of all sacraments. This certificate is requested by the Godparents from the parish in which they were baptized.
The following are requirements that all Godparents must meet, in accord with Canon 872-875 of the Code of Canon Law:
- A Godparent must be a Roman Catholic who has received the three sacraments of initiation: Baptism, Confirmation, and First Holy Communion. If married, they must be validly married in the Catholic Church. If not married, they can not be cohabitating with a partner.
- Must be at least sixteen (16) years of age
- They cannot be the parents of the child
- If two (2) Godparents are chosen, there must be one (1) male and one (1) female
Step 6: Submit all documentation.
- Birth Certificate
- Preparation Class Certificate
- Godparent Affidavit forms
- Godparent Baptism Certificates with notations